February marks the beginning of National children’s dental health month. This month in association with the American dental association is asking people to promote the benefits of good oral health in children. Te aim of this initiative is to work with children and reinforce in them the message that oral care is about overall care.
“Children learn more from what you are than what you teach”
Developing a mindset in kids about taking good care of teeth and regular dental visit is a kick-start to gifting your child lifetime of a healthy smile. Let dental care be the most important and interesting part of their daily routine. Many dental professionals are taking an effort to create awareness on oral hygiene and inculcating dental habits in children.
Did you know tooth decay is the most common chronic disease in kids, second only to the common cold? In fact, about 80% of kids have tooth decay before they reach high school. Let’s take a step to defeat the monster in our mouth.
To begin with
Here are a few things you could do to help promote better oral health for children:
- Brush your teeth with your children to set a good example
- Supervise your child’s brushing on a daily basis.
- Educate them of the impact of different foods on teeth
- Ensure that your child loves to visit the dentist
- Recall them of the Brush rule – Two minutes Two times a day
- Encourage them to drink more water to prevent tooth decay.
Curious to develop a healthy smile for your child? Visit http://www.senthildentalcare.in or talk to our experts for optimal oral hygiene.